Monday, February 25, 2008

5 Days and counting!!!!!

My sweet friend at tutoring....I am going to miss my kids!

Can you believe it? 5 days and we will be boarding a plane to South Africa!!! I can't believe it!
I am trying to prepare myself spiritually, emotionally, physically and honestly, I don't think I can do enough. So many questions linger in my mind. What am I going to see? What can I offer? What in the world am I walking into? How can I prepare?
It's been a hard weekend....just walking through emotions that I thought I had dealt with. And honestly, allowing the Lord to truly define and refine parts of me that I didn't want to see. And it's allowed me to get rid of some junk that He didn't want me to take with me to Africa. I praise Him for that.
I am overjoyed with how many people have been so supportive of what our team is doing. I am so blessed my friends, strangers and the church. I am so thankful for such an amazing group of people who just want us to do the work of the Lord. I pray that we can be poured out. Just be used by Him.
Prayer requests:
~ Safety for our travel
~ For our team: Soup, Linda, Kate and myself
~ A love and sensitivity for the people who are sick
~ Protection in South Africa
~ A consistent joy in serving

I will keep you posted as the week continues!

You may go HERE to hear our sending out at church!


Kate and I....

3 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

We will pray for you guys!!! Work hard. Share the gospel with every dying soul (sick or healthy)and stay connected to the Vine!!! So glad that you are going. Cant wait to hear the reports.

MLS said...

You will be an amazing source of hope and life to such deserving, precious children of our Savior.
I can't wait to hear about your experiences.

I am so proud of you.
Lauren

Becky said...

love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still need to talk before you leave....seriously.... :-)