Tuesday, January 2, 2007

It's Rachelle

It's Rachelle....

Short, but very cool....

Christ is so evident in this place...it's amazing...

I have access today from an internet café, but will not until I get back to the states…I hope Marilyn will call me so I can update her before I leave for Morobo tomorrow. I will return on Monday from Morobo (the orphanage) on the 8th and we leave the 9th for Uganda and from the 9th on I won’t have access to a phone or internet. Mike leaves the team on the 9th. So, you can call his cell phone 432-614-0300 until then, but not when I am in Morobo.

Our biggest deal right now is finding a Plastic Surgeon (for free) for our new friend Isaac. He is 13 years old and is a victim of a fire. He is an orphan...He needs surgery on his left arm because he is not able to currently use it all the way. It is really damaged...I will post pictures when I can. If you know of someone that can do it, we have housing and will work out details and all that jazz, but it will have to be done in Dallas. Bishop Taban will fly with him to the states, so we will have to get them both tickets and work out all the details, but we will have to find a surgeon first. We can do it. I know we can. We prayed for him yesterday. I will share more later when we have time. So, for now…Amy Cox, Amy Morris….anyone…I know you know people….let’s start looking….asking….we can do it for Isaac!!!!

Call me people….it’s a Texas number….

Oh, I am nine hours ahead of you all!

Love you….

Oh, I have 2 infections I am trying to fight….

Go to our other site for an update…www.sudanskids.blogspot.com

Thank you Avery and Marilyn for your help in updating….Moses and Robert are good…Robert will return this weekend…

Pray for Sudan.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shell,
I miss you like crazy and am praying for you! I know God is using you... stay strong. I know you are...

Love ya,
mimi

Anonymous said...

shell,

we are praying for you!! keep up the great work...

love,
leslie

Anonymous said...

Shell,
We are praying for you to recover from the infections your dealing with. God bless and keep you and all those you come in contact with. I am happy you are seeing Christ surround you. What a blessing you are giving and receiving. Your such a sweetdolly!!
Love, Aunt Sallie

Anonymous said...

so what exactly are you needing?
you need me to find cheap tickets and money for that? or a surgeon and means to have that happen? and must it be in dallas?

definately get me a picture. i'll do all that i can. love you mucho.

love,
azul

p.s. i posted a new song on my musicspace. i have no idea if you can listen to it, depending on the speed of your internet. and if its anything like mine in thailand.. you probably can't. lol. :D

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Rachelle. I hope you are ok and feeling better.
I know God is using you and will continue to do so....He will bless you abundantly!
I love you and can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Kathy W.

Becky said...

I love the video of the women dancing...how beautiful those women are! I know you were made for this - and especially for this time...God has orchestrated circumstances and events in YOUR life to prepare you for THIS trip...continue to allow Him to use you...love you...

Brittany Stigall said...

dang why are you always sick? i mean, really. ok good update, once again. praying. love ya!

Cade said...

hey dawg. i wish i were a plastic surgeon but i'm not. um happy kwanza. i'll see ya on the flipside.

Anonymous said...

Shell, it's Ryan. Sorry it's taken so long to write. We had Mia Lucia Pichardo on Friday morning at 10:46am She is an angel and is sooooooo sweet. I am going to try and download some pics to send to you. It has been a zoo at the house with Mia. Bella tries to be the big sis to take care of everything and Alex just stares at her when she sleeps. Noan is still taking time to get used to her, but waves every time he goes down for a nap or to bed at night. Billie's mom is here until Sunday which has been a big help. Can't wait for you to meet her. I hope things are well and that you are feeling better! We miss you and love you very much! I write again soon and am excited to hear about your stories.

Love, Ryan

Anonymous said...

i love you sis. i am thinking about you always.
raeannski

Anonymous said...

Shell, I hope this finds you in time for you to read it before you travel again. We're praying for you and your work and look forward to seeing you when you return. We're all doing well and will fill you in on all the happenings when you get back.

Be safe and God bless you!
Love, Raymond