Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Uganda


Hello....Well, please go HERE for an update on the orphanage and for pics...man, it was amazing and I could talk forever about the faith these children, widows and leaders have in Jesus Christ. He is their foundation and the only thing that keeps them going everyday. They have prayer and a time of singing twice a day...and it doesn't matter it's it's pitch black at night...they just sing and sing and sing their hearts out to Christ...He has brought them out of such darkness....their stories will bring tears to your eyes, but they have hope now...they really do. Their past has not defeated them and they will be leaders in Sudan...I know they will. This war has not defeated them. Although they are orphans, they have a heavenly Father. Megan and I didn't want to leave....
The widows...where do I begin. Each one has a story and it's so amazing. They serve these children like their own and still, they have family they send money to back home they are supporting...As they shared their lives with us, I was so humbled. We sat and talked, or mingled as they would say, each night, as we would teach them English, they would teach us Bari or Kaukawa...we would laugh and just talk...

We are in Uganda and Mike and Megan are preparing to fly out to the states...we are sad they are leaving, but excited they are getting to go home to be with their families...pray for a safe flight....

Vernon, Amber, Titus and I will be here until Friday night. Our flight leaves at 11:55pm (2:55pm your time) and we will be in the Dallas on Saturday around 5:30...I will come back into Memphis on Sunday afternoon...I actually fly into Little Rock (it was cheaper) and Mimi is picking me up-thanks Mimi-and will be in on Sunday at some point....so, pray for all of this to come into place and for safety and all of that...

I hope this time in Uganda will be refreshing...actually, I just got done with the steamer in this hotel...ahhhhh...this hotel is really nice....:)

I will post when I get back in the states, but please, keep the comments coming!!

Love you all and thanks again for all of the prayers, encouragements and LOVE!!! They have gotten me through!

-Rachelle

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The updates have been great! You're in my prayers! I'm sad for you that you have to leave, but the rest will be good for you.
Blessings,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Rachelle! i love reading your updates!! it's so amazing to hear about the children and the widows and the hope they have despite all they've gone through. i know you have a been a blessing to them, and i look forward to seeing you this semester. i'm praying for you all as you return to the US. love you!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell,

I have been reading the blog each day - it sounds like it has been an amazing experience. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Kelly Walsh

Becky said...

I'm so excited to hear about the trip as a whole when you get back - you must make a trip home soon after your return! Reading your updates gets me even more excited to head over in a few months....I love you, and will continue to be praying...also that Amber and Vernon can keep Titus awake on Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl...just a few more days! Can't wait to hear all about it in person. I miss you...so very very proud of you! Hang in there these last few days...I am praying!
Love,Erin

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to talk with you on the phone. I understand if you don't call on Sunday or even Monday or Tuesday, but you must call before I leave next Saturday (that's the 20th, remember?). Amanda and I have some crazy ideas to run by you... We missed you, and you know how dangerous that can be. I LOVE YOU.

Chalise said...

i can't wait to see you! i want to hear ALL about it for as long as you want to talk!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

hey sissy. so excited to get to talk to you again soon. i love you!
raeannski