Saturday, December 2, 2006

Africa Bound

It's almost here....I will be in Sudan in 2 weeks....I will smell the sweet air of Africa again and I cannot wait! The anticipation is eating me! To see the faces of children....to hug the women who have suffered the unthinkable and to sit at the feet of those who are hurting absolutely humbles me. I am amazed at the opportunity to learn from these people and to serve them. I can't wait....

Please pray for safe travel....for safe flights....for no complications with anything....for our team:
Amber, Vernon, Titus (2 years old)

We will help the staff choose the new orphans while we are there and will have to turn children away. They said this will be the hardest few days while we are there...kids will literally be turned away and go back to living in the streets...I am trying to prepare myself for this part.

I will be living in the commune in the Women's Empowerment Program. I look forward to learning from the women and just spending time with them. I hope to be able to encourage them as much as I can. I imagine they will teach me more than I could ever dream of!!!

I hope I can bring them as much joy as I know they will bring me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachelle,
I am so envious of you going to Africa! You know you will be on my heart and mind constantly....can't wait to hear from you once you get settled.

Becky said...

I have no doubts that this is what you were created for. I'm proud of you, but more than that, know that God is proud of you...and that He delights in you...much love!