Thursday, December 21, 2006

New Day

Okay, it was a hot one!!! For sure!!! But, it was a good day!

Remember, we are 9 hours ahead of everyone, so it’s 9pm right now. We only have power from 7pm to about 10ish at night.

Please go HERE to see a video and an update on everything!!!! Turn up the speakers because it’s not that loud!!

Beatrice came back to work today. I didn’t see her yesterday and I was a bit worried. She told me that she has malaria and feels very weak. Please pray for her because she rides an hour and a half to the program everyday.

I have been having some good time talking with the women here at the Empowerment Program. I feel like I am really getting some good time with them and we are having some good laughs!!! I am learning Arabic and trying to teach them English as well. It’s worth it for me to see them smiling!

Also, Brian, Dennis and Fastena help get us through the days! They are our friends from Kenya who are here short term! They are loads of fun and always have a story for us! I can always get a good laugh from Brian…Just hearts of servants.

Megan and I taught the women a dance today that they will perform on Christmas Day. We are doing “Knees to the Earth” by Cristy Nockels and it’s been very encouraging to the women. I think they feel so free and are super excited! To see the smiles on their faces was so encouraging today!

Amber, Megan and I went to visit Moses’ family today, the boy we met yesterday. It was so amazing! We sang, danced and just visited! Humbling. Very humbling. Joyful. We sang songs in Swahili and Arabic and at first, some of the kids didn’t want to dance, but then they really enjoyed it. As we were getting ready to leave, they prayed for us-yes, they prayed for US. Amazing.

Mike and Vernon returned from Maorsak where Vernon preached and met with the village leader, and tried to see if they were going to build a church and an orphanage. They had a good journey.

Tomorrow we will be going to Harvesters. It’s an orphanage where we will be visiting with the children and talking about how things are run with our orphanage. I look forward to it.

Oh, I keep losing my toothbrush. I bought my third one since I have been here. I think the HUGE spiders and cockroaches are taking them…anyone else know?

I will have pictures soon….I will…..okay?

Thanks to those who prayed for me….I slept well last night. Please keep praying that would continue….

Oh, I am learning how to make socks….by hand on this cool machine…!!!!

Oh, the kids here are awesome….they just run up to you and love on you!

Oh, and um, I love it here!

Okay, I am done!

For real.

Until tomorrow!!!!

4 comments:

AMW said...

Rachelle! Thought about you today and loved reading all your updates... and watching the video! How adorable is the kid who said "hello... hello..." in the microphone?!

I'm so excited for you and this amazing time in your life, girl. Continue to keep us posted! (And keep your toothbrush(es) away from the HUGE spiders... yuck!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was so good to see your smiling face on the video and hear what is going on and see the people. Wow. And I can't wait to see some of this dance....it will be great with you teaching it! I am praying for your sleep right now. We love you! Marilyn

Anonymous said...

rachelle! know you are just precious to me - i love seeing you continue to just pour out Christ's love to the Sudanese people! know that i am praying for you - especially for continued rest and good health! i love you!
becca lewis!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that little boy in the video is really freaking adorable! And the thing about your toothbrush...what in the world? You're probably right though. The cockroaches come in the middle of the night and they carry it away to a secret storage place for stolen toothbrushes. And then they're watching when you realize it's missing and they laugh.